I’ve got my pumpkin socks on and I’m ready to scare my students (then give them candy:) with a little video called “The Life and Death of a Pumpkin” in class today. Have you see it? Basically, if you only hear the audio, it’s pretty gruesome (oh the torture we put pumpkins through on Halloween!). Then, you watch the video and it actually starts with the sentence, “I am a pumpkin.”
My class is made up of 11 boys and 1 girl. I’m pretty sure they’re gonna eat it up like pumpkin pie.
Anyway, you’ve still got me in the mood for Halloween (as well as a few other things as you’ll soon see).
Here are just a few of my favorites from last week:
Ghost in the Graveyard – Foodtastic Mom (Because Halloween shouldn’t just be about the sweets…and even if it should…this should be the exception!
Blackberry and Elderflower Entremets – Giraffes Can Cook (This is officially on my bucket list.)
Pumpkin Swirl Fudge Brownies – Food Wine Thyme (I’m a sucker for a fudgy brownie…and then we add PUMPKIN to the mix?! Almost too much to handle.)
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Pockets – Life Currents (Meat-eaters and vegetarians UNITE as you dive into this healthy snack or dinner!)
Fully Loaded Stuffed Homemade Tator Tots – I Thee Cook (Because the longer it takes to say it, the more delicious it sounds!)
I’d actually like to feature more of your work…just head over to my Facebook page, leave me with the posts you link up, and I’ll choose several to share via Facebook and Twitter! (Check out the other hosts as well, many of them do similar things!)
I’d also like to introduce our newest member, Norma from giving you all one more blog of exposure over at Allspice and Nutmeg! I have been sick and incredibly busy ALL week, so I haven’t had the chance to get her lovely face up on collage, but check out her blog and her Pinterest to see what she’s all about! As usual, don’t forget your other hosts:
Christine @ Curried Cantaloupe
Remember: this party goes live on Thursdays at 9 PM EST and closes on Sunday at MIDNIGHT.
As always, if you’d like to pin any of these features, PLEASE remember to click through to the site where the recipe actually lives and pin from there!
The Rules Are Simple:
1. Link up your favorite recipes from your own blog. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe…we will not be pinning them and we reserve the right to delete.
2. No duplicate posts please. Duplicate posts won’t be pinned a second time, and again, we reserve the right to delete them from the link up. Also, no link parties, please, even if they are related to food. Thank you for understanding, and if you’ve done it by accident, no worries!
3. Share the party so others can join the fun. Tweet us or share us on Facebook. We would truly be grateful! Use the hashtag #FoodieFridays.
4. Please visit at least 2-3 links and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFridays…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
5. If you’d like to include our button on your sidebar or your link party page, or even a link back on the individual post you linked up, we’d love it, but there is no requirement to do so.
6. We’d love to connect with you on social media, but again, it is not a requirement of the party. If you’d like to check out our Pinterest boards though, we think you might find some great pins though!